(makes 8 burgers)
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh sage
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook about 2 minutes longer, until the onion is tender. Remove from the heat and transfer to a large mixing bowl; let cool.
2. Once the onion mixture has cooled, add the ground turkey, salt, pepper and herbs to the bowl. Mix well so everything is evenly blended.
3. Mix in the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Form the mixture into 8 equal sized patties.
4. Cook immediately on a pre-heated grill or freeze for later use. Serve with desired condiments.