You can never go wrong with a granola bar as a quick snack/treat. I happen to really like the combination of oats and chocolate. So these were the perfect simple recipe to make if you don’t want to buy these at the store. You can add in nuts or dried fruits or peanut butter to make these your own – I think I liked them just the way they are.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. mini chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl, stir oats and rice cereal together. Set aside.
2. In a small pot, melt butter, honey and brown sugar together over medium high heat until it comes to a bubble. Reduce the heat and cook 2 minutes. Add in vanilla and stir.
3. Pour into dry ingredients and mix well to moisten all ingredients. Pour into lightly greased small jelly roll pan (about 12x8x1) and press out to be about 3/4 inch in thickness (you will not use the entire pan). Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and press down lightly. Cool on a countertop to room temperature for two hours or until the chocolate chips are set before cutting into bars. Store at room temperature.
Source: Lauren’s Latest