(makes 10 muffins)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 2 Tbsp. buttermilk
- 1 medium sized peach, pitted & chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3 Tbsp. cup flour
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Coat 10 muffin tins with baking spray or line cups using liners.
3. Combine all dry ingredients, flours through cinnamon in a large bowl.
4. In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt and eggs together.
5. Gently fold the yogurt-egg mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in the melted butter, chopped peaches and blueberries. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
6. To make the streusel topping: In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in pecans.
7. Sprinkle topping evenly over muffin batter.
8. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffins comes out clean, approximately 25-30 minutes.
9. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then flip out onto a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Source: adapted from Delish