- 1 pound potatoes, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices [I used Yukon Gold]
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Bring potatoes and vinegar to a boil in a medium saucepan (vinegar should cover potatoes). Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer potatoes until just fork tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Let potatoes cool in vinegar for 30 minutes. Drain well, and gently toss with oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Preheat grill to medium-high. Grill potatoes in a single layer until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
4. Sprinkle with additional salt before serving.
source: seen on Stylish Cuisine originally from Martha Stewart Living, June 2009