- 3 lbs. watermelon, seeded and cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp vodka
- 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
1. Purée the watermelon in a food processor or blender. Run the watermelon purée through a fine mesh strainer. Measure out 3 cups of watermelon juice.
2. In a small saucepan, heat approximately 1/2 cup of the watermelon juice along with the sugar and salt until the sugar has thoroughly dissolved. Remove from the heat.
3. Combine the watermelon juice in the saucepan with the other watermelon juice and place in a medium sized bowl. Stir in the lime juice and vodka.
4. Chill the mixture thoroughly in the refrigerator.
5. Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions. During the last minute of freezing, pour in the chocolate chips.
6. Remove from the ice cream maker’s bowl and place in a container. Place the container in the freezer to finish freezing.