- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved (or 1-2 whole tomatoes, diced)
- 1 red or yellow (or purple!) bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 minced jalapeno pepper, ribs and seeds removed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, seeded, peeled, and 1/2 inch dice
1. Combine the tomatoes, peppers, black beans, red onion, jalapeno, and lime zest in a large bowl.
2. Whisk together the lime juice, cilantro, olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic, and cayenne pepper and pour over vegetables. Toss well.
3. Just before serving, fold the diced avocados.