- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Squeeze of lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. In a saucepan or skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and rice to the pan and cook until both are golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Stir in 1 cup of the chicken broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
4. Pour the mixture into a 2 qt. casserole dish, cover, and bake for 25 minutes.
5. Stir in the remaining 1 1/2 cups chicken broth and bake, covered, for another 45 minutes.
6. About 15 minutes before it is finished baking, stir in a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Source: Annie’s Eats