- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. fresh green beans
- kosher salt
1. Using a vegetable peeler, remove wide strips of the yellow zest from the lemon.
2. Put in a small saucepan with the oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook over low heat until the garlic simmers. Let simmer for about 2 minutes, then remove from heat and let cool and steep for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
3. Remove the lemon zest and garlic from the oil and add in 1/2 tsp. kosher salt.
4. Preheat grill and grill pan over medium for 10 minutes.
5. Pour oil mixture over the green beans and toss to coat.
6. Using tongs lift out the beans onto the grill. Spread the beans on the grill in a single layer and cook until browned and tender – about 5 to 7 minutes.
7. Remove from pan and season to taste with salt and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Source: Weber’s Way to Grill