- 2 large russet potatoes, scrubbed clean with the skin left on
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt or seasoned salt
1. Using a mandolin or food processor, slice the potato into thin slices; about 1/16 of an inch. [This is very important – you will likely not get a thin enough slice if you try to use a knife]
2. In a bowl, toss the potatoes with olive and sprinkle on salt or seasoning.
3. Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on a microwave safe plate.
4. Working in batches, microwave the potatoes on high for 5-7 minutes [depending on the power of your microwave]. Keep a close eye on the potatoes, since they can burn if cooked for too long. The finished potato chip should be golden brown and crisp.
5. Carefully transfer to a serving dish and let rest for 2 minutes until cool enough to eat. More salt or seasoning can be added as soon as they are removed from the microwave.
Source: Norfolk Cooking Examiner