- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. fresh chopped thyme
- 1 tsp. fresh chopped oregano
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella (cut into cubes)
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 lb. medium-sized pasta shells (I used gemelli)
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2-4 cups arugula
- 1 (3.5 oz.) bag sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
1. Drain and rinse chickpeas.
2. Combine vinegar, garlic, salt, thyme, oregano, pepper and olive oil. Whisk to mix. Stir in chickpeas and mozzarella. Cover and let sit at room temperature for 30 min-1 hour.
3. Make pasta according to box directions. Drain and add to chickpea mixture.
4. Toss with parmesan, arugula, sun dried tomatoes, and walnuts. Serve immediately.