- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and wrung dry in a kitchen towel
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 Kaiser rolls
- Four 1/2-inch-thick slices of ripe beefsteak tomato
- One jar of marinated artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 4 slices of provolone cheese
1. Preheat a grill, grill pan or large nonstick skillet to medium-high. If using a grill pan or skillet, preheat the broiler.
2. Place the ground chicken in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the lemon zest, Parmigiano-Reggiano, minced garlic, spinach, thyme and a drizzle of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons, and combine.
3. Form into 4 patties and cook the burgers until firm and cooked through, about 6 minutes on each side.
4. Toast the rolls either on the grill or broiler.
5. In the last 2 minutes of the burgers’ cooking time, divide the tomato slices and sliced artichokes evenly among the burgers, then cover each with a slice of provolone. If cooking on the grill, drop the lid to melt the cheese. If cooking on the stovetop, tent your grill pan or skillet with aluminum foil.
6. Place on rolls and serve.
Source: adapted from Rachael Ray Magazine, June/July 2006