- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, plus additional for drizzling
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- Pizza seasoning or Italian seasoning, to sprinkle on top
1. Lightly drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil in the bottom of a half sheet pan (18x13”).
2. Combine all of the ingredients, and beat at high speed with an electric mixer for 60 seconds.
3. Scoop the sticky batter into the prepared pan, spreading it nearly to the edges. Oiling your fingers helps with the job.
4. Cover the pan with plastic wrap, and let the dough rise at room temperature for 60 minutes, till it's become puffy.
5. While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 375°F.
6. Drizzle the dough lightly with olive oil, and sprinkle with pizza seasoning, and/or the dried herbs of your choice, if desired.
7. Bake the bread till it's a very light golden brown, about 25 minutes.
8. Once removed from the oven, let cool for 5 minutes then cut the dough into strips.
9. Place the bread sticks back on their baking pan, on edge. You can put them close together. Return them to the oven, and bake for 5 minutes (for soft bread sticks), or 10 minutes (for bread sticks that can stand up to a stiffer dip).
10. Remove them from the oven, and serve warm, or at room temperature.
Source: King Arthur Flour