- 12 ounces fettuccine (3/4 box)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds beefsteak tomatoes (about 3), chopped or 28 oz. canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or vermouth
- 1 small zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- parmesan cheese, for serving
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add the turkey and season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cook, breaking up the turkey with a spoon, for 3 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add the tomatoes and wine and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is cooked through and the sauce has slightly thickened, 4 to 5 minutes.
6. Fold in the carrot and zucchini and simmer for 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Remove from heat and stir in basil. Serve over the pasta and garnish with parmesan cheese.
Source: adapted from Real Simple