- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch rings
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into quarters and seeded
- 1 small zucchini, ends removed and sliced lengthwise into four planks
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken cutlets
- salt and pepper
- 4 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. Combine garlic and oil in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, until bubbling.
2. Brush both sides of onion, pepper, zucchini and chicken with oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Grill veggies over a hot fire until lightly charred and tender – 3-5 minutes per side.
4. Grill chicken until charred and registers 160 degrees F.
5. Slice chicken, zucchini, pepper and onion into thin strips.
6. Place 1/2 cup of cheese on half of each tortilla. Top with chicken and veggies. Fold tortillas over filling and press gently to seal.
7. Transfer to a baking sheet and place sheet on grill. Grill until tortillas are golden brown and crisp – about 4 minutes – then flip and repeat on the other side. Cut each tortilla into wedges and serve.
Source: Americas Test Kitchen – 30 Minute Suppers (Summer 2010)