- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1/2 cup of diced yellow onion
- salt and pepper
- 1 slice of white bread
- 15 oz. can of tomato sauce, plus 1 cans worth of water
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 Tbsp. flour
1. Combine tomato sauce, can of water, Worcestershire sauce in a medium sized pot and bring to a simmer.
2. Combine beef, onion, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Quickly dip the slice of bread in the tomato sauce – and add that you the beef mixture.
3. Form beef mixture into 8 equal patties. Working in batches pan fry the hamburger patties.
4. Thicken the tomato sauce with flour and whisk to combine.
5. Add cooked burgers to the tomato sauce, and simmer on the stove.
6. Serve on buns with extra sauce and season with salt and pepper.
Source: family recipe – Grandma R.