- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp. juice from 1 lemon
- 2/3 cup plus 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound fusilli pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 ounces baby arugula
1. Bring 4 quarts of water to boil in a large pot.
2. Combine pine nuts, cheese, garlic, basil and lemon juice in a food processor and process until smooth. Slowly add 2/3 cup of olive oil through the feed tube and process until smooth.
3. Brush chicken with remaining tablespoon of oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Grill chicken until completely cooked through. Let rest to cool – and shred when cool enough to handle.
5. Add 1 Tbsp. salt to the boiling water – and cook pasta until al dente.
6. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water and drain pasta.
7. Toss together pesto, chicken, tomatoes, arugula and pasta, adding reserved cooking water as needed. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Source: America’s Test Kitchen 30-Minute Suppers