- 2 cups plain Greek Yogurt
- juice of half a lemon (about 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and diced
- 2 tsp. kosher salt for salting cucumbers
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh dill
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1. Peel cucumbers, then cut in half lengthwise and take a small spoon and scrape out seeds. Discard seeds.
2. Slice cucumbers, then put in a colander, sprinkle on 2 tsp. kosher salt, and let stand for 30 minutes to draw out water. Drain well and wipe dry with paper towel.
3. In food processor with steel blade, add cucumbers, garlic, lemon juice, dill, and a few grinds of black pepper. Process until well blended, then stir this mixture into the Greek yogurt.
4. Taste before adding any extra salt, then salt if needed. Place in refrigerator for at least two hours before serving so flavors can blend.
5. This will keep for a few days or more in the refrigerator, but you will need to drain off any water and stir each time you use it.
Source: adapted from Kalyn’s Kitchen