- 1 whole Zucchini, Halved, Cut Into Strips, Then Cubed
- 1 whole Summer Squash, Halved, Cut Into Strips, Then Cubed
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil, divided
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- 1 whole Carrot, Washed, peeled and Sliced
- 1/2 medium Onion, Diced
- 2 stalks Celery, Sliced
- 4 cups low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 can (15 oz.) Cannelini Beans, Rinsed
- 1/2 cup cut Green Beans, Fresh Or Frozen
- 1 cup Medium Or Small Pasta Shells, cooked al dente according to package directions
- 1 can (14.5) diced tomatoes with juice
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/8 tsp. turmeric
- Parmesan Cheese, shaved
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2. Toss cubed zucchini and squash in a bowl with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and a sprinkling of kosher salt. Arrange onto a sheet pan and roast in the hot oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until brown and black parts begin to show. Remove from oven and set aside.
3. In a heavy pot, heat additional tablespoon olive oil over medium heat.
4. Add carrots, onions, and celery and stir to cook for 3 minutes. Pour in broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for ten minutes.
5. Add cannelini beans and green beans. Cook on low for five minutes.
6. Add canned tomatoes, stir, and cook for an additional five minutes on low heat. Check for seasonings, adding salt, pepper, and turmeric.
7. Add roasted vegetables and stir. Simmer for a few minutes before serving.
8. Portion noodles into bowls and ladle soup on top. Serve with parmesan shavings on top.
Source: adapted from the Pioneer Woman