Oct 7, 2010

Fish Tacos

Can you believe I have never had fish tacos before I made these?   I know – I can’t believe it either.   I had no idea what I was missing or how much I would enjoy them!   They were also so super easy to make – I had dinner done in no time at all.   I used cod for mine – but you can use any type of white fish that you like – halibut, tilapia, etc.  They are no only delicious – they are healthy too -  I’m really looking forward to making these again soon!

Ingredients

for the fish:

  • 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
  • 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
  • 3 Tbsp. minced cilantro
  • 1/4 tsp. cumin
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 lb. white fish (halibut, cod, tilapia, etc.)
  • Salt

for the cilantro cream sauce:

  • Juice of 1/2 lime
  • 1 Tbsp. cilantro, minced
  • 1/3 cup nonfat greek yogurt
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • Pepper, to taste

for serving:

  • Cherry tomatoes, quartered
  • Green onions, chopped
  • Red cabbage, shredded
  • avocado slices
  • 6-inch flour tortillas

Directions

1. Combine the lime juice, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, cilantro, cumin, and garlic in a shallow dish.  Whisk together until well blended.  Place the fish in the mixture, turning to coat.  Let marinate 15-30 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, prepare the cilantro cream sauce.  Combine the lime juice, cilantro, greek yogurt, garlic and pepper in a small bowl.  Mix until well blended.  Refrigerate until ready to use.

3. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. 

4. Place the fish in the pan and cook without disturbing for about 3 minutes.  Flip the fish and cook on the second side 2-3 minutes more.  (Cook until fish reaches 130 degrees)

5. Remove to a plate and season with salt and let rest for a few minutes.  Shred the fish into bite-sized pieces with two forks.

6. Assemble tacos on flour tortillas with shredded fish, cilantro cream sauce and toppings as desired.

Source: Annie’s Eats

Printer-friendly version

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yum! My husband has been begging for fish tacos lately. I'll have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete