- 1/2 cup, plus 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup panko
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1.5 lbs. chicken tenderloins
1. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (30 seconds). Stir in tomatoes and simmer until thickened, about 7 – 10 minutes. Stir in basil and season with salt and pepper. Cover and keep warm.
2. Spread flour in a shallow dish. Beat eggs in a second shallow dish. Combine cheese and panko in a third dish.
3. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. One at a time, dredge in flour, dip in eggs and coat with panko mixture.
4. Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Cook half of chicken until golden brown on each side and center reaches 170 degrees F. Place on paper towel lined plate. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
5. Serve chicken with marinara sauce.
Source: Americas Test Kitchen 30-minute Suppers, Summer 2010