- 2 cups milk (I used soymilk)
- 2 Tbsp. canned pumpkin
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, plus additional for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup of espresso or 1/2 cup of strong brewed coffee
- whipped cream (optional)
1. In a saucepan combine milk, pumpkin and sugar and cook on medium heat, stirring, until steaming.
2. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and spice and whisk the mixture really well with a wire whisk.
3. Pour into two large mugs. And add the espresso or coffee on top.
4. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle additional pumpkin pie spice on top.
Source: The Kitchn