- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. cold unsalted butter, cut into 12 pieces
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 ounces halved and seeded concord grapes
- 2 tsp. coarse sugar, for sprinkling tops
1. Preheat oven to 400º F. Line 12 standard size muffin cups with paper liners.
2. Combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
3. Add butter and using a pastry blender, or your fingers, blend until it forms a sandy-looking mixture.
4. Pour in the milk and stir, using a wooden spoon, until just mixed and there are no visible traces of flour.
5. Gently fold in the grapes. Spoon into the prepared muffin tins and sprinkle tops with an even amounts of coarse sugar.
6. Bake 20 minutes, until tops are golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean (it's okay if there's grape jam on it). Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
Source: In Jennie’s Kitchen