I love a quick, easy, healthy meal. Weeknights can really be rough – especially if I also workout. I’m usually starving and some nights I really do not feel like cooking. So its great to have a really easy meal in your back pocket. This soup uses the pre-packaged tortellini, canned diced tomatoes and fresh baby spinach. It is soup-er simple to make and even simpler to eat! Enjoy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes, with juices
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 9 oz. cheese tortellini
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach, loosely packed
- Salt and pepper
- grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
1. In a large stock pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onions to the pan and cook until they soften, about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, just until fragrant, about 1 minute. Mix in the oregano and diced tomatoes. Add the broth to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil.
3. Add the tortellini to the pot and cook according to the package directions.
4. One minute before the tortellini is fully cooked, stir in the spinach. Remove from the heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm with grated Parmesan as desired.
Source: Annie’s Eats