- 1-2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 yellow onions, cut in half and sliced
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lb. medium round potatoes, unpeeled
- 1/2 lb. zucchini
- 3/4 lb. (1-2) medium tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves, plus extra sprigs
- 1 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 2 qt. baking dish with olive oil spray.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a sauté pan, and cook the onions over medium heat until translucent, about 8-10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Spread the onion mixture on the bottom of the baking dish.
3. Slice the potatoes, zucchini, and tomatoes in 1/4-inch thick slices. Layer them alternately in the dish on top of the onions, fitting them tightly, making only one layer.
4. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, thyme leaves, and thyme sprigs. Drizzle with 1 more tablespoon of olive oil, if desired.
5. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 35-40 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Uncover the dish, remove the thyme sprigs, sprinkle the grated cheese on top , and bake for 30 minutes more, or until browned.
Source: Annie’s Eats originally from Barefoot In Paris by Ina Garten