- 2 ripe avocado
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 1/2 – 1 jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- juice of one lime
- dash of cumin powder
- salt and pepper
1. Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Cut the avocado while it is still in the skin (check this out if you’ve never diced an avocado) then scoop the avocado out and into a bowl.
2. Mash it with a fork and then add the onion, jalapeño, and garlic and mash a little more.
3. Stir in the cilantro, tomatoes, lime, cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Refrigerate to let the flavors meld. Place plastic wrap directly on the guacamole, and stir again when ready to eat (it’s ok if it turns brown).
Adapted from Elly Says Opa