I am really into pumpkin lately – and it is really no surprise – since it is seasonal right now and so yummy. I’ve had my eye on these pancakes for awhile now – and they are perfect with a pumpkin spice latte on a cool Fall morning. It is also the perfect way to use up some leftover pumpkin from any other treats you may have made recently.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Dash of ground ginger
- Dash of ground cloves
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil or melted butter
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and spices and stir with a whisk to combine.
2. Mix together the milk, pumpkin puree, egg and oil or butter in a liquid measuring cup.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk together just until combine.
4. Heat a greased skillet or griddle over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, add a 1/3 cup scoop of batter to the pan. Let cool until bubbles begin to form on the top surface. Carefully flip with a spatula and cook the second side until golden brown, a couple minutes more. Repeat with the rest of the batter until it has all been cooked, regreasing the pan as needed. Serve with cinnamon sugar, maple syrup, and/or whipped cream.