- 1 batch of pizza dough (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 package Turkey pepperoni (regular pepperoni is too greasy) for this recipe)
- 4 oz. baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- tomato sauce, for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pizza dough into a 12 by 18 inch rectangle.
3. Combine olive oil, garlic, oregano and pinch of salt and pepper, in a small bowl. Brush evenly onto dough.
4. In a large saute pan – wilt spinach over medium heat. Then place in clean dish towel and wring out excess moisture, set aside.
5. Layer dough with pepperoni, spinach, then mozzarella and top with basil.
6. Starting from the short end, roll up the dough, pinching the seam closed at the end. Place seam side down on a baking sheet. Cut slits in top with a paring knife.
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with warmed tomato sauce for dipping.
Source: adapted from lick+my+balsamic