makes 18 regular sized muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- Cinnamon sugar, for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Add 1 cup canned pumpkin, milk and eggs; mix until just moistened.
5. Spoon into greased or paper-lined cupcake pans, filling 2/3 full and top with cinnamon sugar.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Source: adapted from This way to his heart