- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 3-4 tbsp. cilantro
- Zest of ½ a lime
- 1 oz. tequila
- Dash of soy sauce
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- Burger buns
- Sautéed bell pepper and onion
1. Preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with with olive oil.
2. Combine the garlic, jalapeno, ground chicken, cilantro and lime zest in the bowl of a medium bowl. Mix in the tequila, soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste, and panko until evenly mixed.
3. Form the mixture into 4-5 patties and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Broil the burgers for about 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking to brown both side.
4. Serve on buns with sautéed bell pepper and onion, and lettuce as desired.
Source: adapted from Annie’s Eats