- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 small carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp. hot sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 4 good quality burger rolls, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the meat and cook until browned.
3. Add in carrot, celery, onion and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook 7 to 8 minutes more.
4. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire, hot sauce, tomato sauce and chicken stock. Pour into the pan and stir to combine all ingredients. Simmer for a few minutes until the mixture thickens up.
5. Place filling on the prepared buns and top with blue cheese.