If you can’t tell already from reading my blog - I really love to bake. And if you are also a baker you know – sometimes you just get the urge to bake and absolutely nothing you can do will stop you. After I saw this recipe on one of my very favorite cooking websites (the kitchn), I had to make them that very same night. Especially since I already had all of the ingredients I needed in my kitchen. My gut instinct was right – they muffins were absolutely delicious. I am still thinking about them – and I want to make them again soon – they are a perfect way to start your morning off right!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line muffin cups (I had enough batter for 16 muffins) with papers liners.
2. Melt butter in a small microwaveable bowl and allow to sit and cool slightly while you combine the other ingredients.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir with a wire whisk to combine, breaking up any extra-large clumps of brown sugar.
4. Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl (including melted butter), adding vinegar last. Stir quickly to combine and add to dry mixture. Stir mixture with a wooden spoon until the wet and dry ingredients come together.
5. Add in the chocolate and butterscotch chips and stir to distribute. Using a large cookie scoop, divide batter between the 16 muffin cups.
6. Bake for 17 minutes until tops of muffins lose their shine and a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
Source: the Kitchn