This was the first meal this year made on my grill (I love it!) and dined on in our outdoor sunroom! I love the warmer weather – and last week we had a nice taste of summer. It is often not in the 80’s in April in Buffalo! So made the best of it and cooked out for a few meals – luckily there was still propane in my grill. I’ve actually never had to re-fill it since I got the grill last year – I better check on that. It would really suck to run out of gas in the middle of cooking!Ingredients
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 2 boneless/skinless chicken breast halves
1. Heat your cast iron skillet or grill until it’s very hot.
2. Mix together the all of the herbs/spices in a small bowl.
3. Rub 1 tsp. of oil into each piece of chicken, and then press the spice mixture into both sides.
4. Place the chicken breasts in the skillet or grill. Cook about 5 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through.
Source: adapted from Elly Says Opa