Mar 15, 2010

Southwest Turkey Burger



 
One of my favorite things to cook for a quick weeknight meal is a spin on different types of burgers.  You really can't go wrong - I've made Italian, Greek and Black bean so far to share on my blog, and these Southwestern burgers were right up there as one of our favorites.   Just wait until the summer and I start grilling - I have so many more fun burgers recipes I can share!   The snow is all melted - I might just have to start up the grill soon!  

Ingredients
  • 1 lb. ground turkey
  • 1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1/2 red onion, diced
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp. chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp. cumin
  • 1/2 tsp. coriander
  • 1/2 tsp. paprika
  • dash of cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • salt and pepper
Directions
1. Preheat the grill or grill pan.
2. Combine turkey, black beans, onion, egg and mix gently to combine.
3. Mix in spices and season with salt and pepper. 
4. Shape into 4 - 5 patties.  And cook until done on the grill or grill pan.

adapted from My Kitchen Cafe


1 comment:

  1. yummy....I will certainly try these. I think I have all the ingredients in the house already too.

    ReplyDelete