- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup buttermilk, chilled
- 8 tbsp. (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled, plus 2 tbsp. extra for brushing
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Whisk flour, baking powder, soda, sugar and salt together in a large bowl.
3. In a medium bowl, stir the melted butter and chilled buttermilk together until the butter forms small clumps.
4. Stir the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture, just until incorporated.
5. Using a 1/4 measuring cup or ice cream scoop, drop mounds of dough onto parchment lined baking sheet.
6. Bake until golden brown, 12-14 minutes, rotating halfway through baking.
7. Brush baked biscuits with additional melted butter, before serving.
Source: The America’s Test Kitchen Family Baking Book, pg. 27