I had three very ripe bananas ready to be used and I didn't want to make the ordinary banana muffin or bread so I stumbled upon this recipe. These muffins were delectable! I loved the combination of banana, pineapple and coconut on top! I ate one of these every morning for breakfast for a week and they still tasted moist and delicious by the end of the week. This is definitely a recipe that I will be making again - hopefully soon. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. rum
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- sweetened shredded coconut -for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl combine the melted butter, sugar, vanilla, rum and mix to combine.
3. Add the bananas, pineapple and eggs and mix until thoroughly combined.
4. In a separate bowl combine the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
5. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix only until combined.
6. Gently fold in toasted pecans.
7. Scoop batter into the prepared muffin tins and top each with a sprinkle of coconut.
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean in the center of a muffin.
9. Cool in pan for 5 minutes - then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
Adapted from Cathlin Cooks