Feb 4, 2011

Super Bowl Ideas

The Super Bowl is this weekend!  Although I could care less about the football – we always watch for the commercials and other entertainment.  It’s also a great excuse to make appetizers for dinner – and that should be reason enough to celebrate the Super Bowl.

So if you are in a bind and are looking for some last minute ideas for recipes – here are a few from my archives that you may enjoy.

Chicken Wing Dip – although the Buffalo Bills haven’t been to a Super Bowl since 1994 – you can have a taste of Buffalo with the big game anyway.  And if your team loses you can comfort yourself by eating this dip and knowing that it isn’t the 4th straight year in a row that your team lost the big game like the Bills did from 1991-1994.  It is always a hit with a crowd (or by yourself sitting on the couch – hey, the celery makes it healthy, right?)

image 

Cilantro Hummus – Another great dip that is super easy to make in advance and just a bit healthier than the one above.  Serve it with some chips, red pepper, pita bread or crackers – and don’t even feel guilty about it. 

image

Guacamole – Who needs a reason to eat guacamole – not me!  I love this stuff so much – it is definitely one of my very favorite things.  You can easily adjust the heat by adding some hot sauce to kick it up a notch.

image

Soft Pretzels – My husbands favorite snack – he likes to dip them in pizza sauce.  I like them plain – but they are also great with some melted cheese or mustard.   I’m think I’m making these again this weekend too!

image

Chocolate Toffee Cookies – It’s not a party without dessert.  These chocolate toffee cookies were really easy and can be made in advance and baked at the last minute – so they are warm for your guests (or yourself!).  It might be fun to try and shape these like footballs too! 

image

Oreo Cheesecake Cookies – Do these really need further explanation?  Oreo – check, Cheesecake –check, yummy-ness in my tummy – check!  Smile

image

Slush cake – If you’ve got a crowd coming over – this is the dessert to make – pudding, whipped cream, walnuts and a buttery crust.  This (completely from scratch) version is simply the best. 

image

Hope you enjoy the Super Bowl – and good luck if you are rooting for the Steelers or Packers!  If these ideas don’t suffice – be sure to check out my recipe index for all of my favorites!   

Now I’m off to my kitchen…..

1 comment:

  1. What a feast...love to check your recipes! Blessings, K

    ReplyDelete