This is the famous chicken wing dip, as a native Buffalonain, I am all too familiar with Chicken wings. (Side note: they are called chicken wings here - not Buffalo wings!). I've seen many different versions of this recipe - but I think there are a few key ingredients that make this taste as authentic as possible - you have to use real blue cheese (not ranch!) and you have to use Frank's Hot Sauce (nothing else will work!). I am also the type that will not used canned chicken - I'm actually afraid to buy it and see what's actually inside - so I just cook up some chicken and shred it. This recipe is the prefect party food and is super easy to put together. Enjoy - it's addictive!
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing, such as Maries
- 1/2 cup Frank's Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 cups of shredded cooked chicken
- 1 stalk celery, diced
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl, reserving some blue cheese crumbles for the topping.
2. Microwave on High for 5 minutes on High. Stir. Sprinkle with reserved blue cheese crumbles.
3. Serve with tortilla chips, celery sticks and baby carrots.
Source: adapted from Frank's