Feb 1, 2011

Black bean and salsa soup

black bean salsa soup 2

Do you ever need a meal that takes very little time to prepare on a busy weeknight?  I know what you are thinking – of course I do – who doesn’t?!.   Well this soup is beyond simple to make.  You just puree a few ingredients in your food processor, heat up on the stove and then top with cheese and scallions.   And the real kicker – it is healthy!  Yeah – score with this soup!  Enjoy!

Ingredients

  • 2 (15 oz.) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 cup salsa
  • 1 tsp. cumin
  • sour cream, green onion, shredded cheese, for garnishing

Directions

1. Combine beans, broth, salsa and cumin in a food processor. Blend until smooth.

2. Heat soup in a saucepan over medium heat until thoroughly heated.

3. Ladle soup in bowls and garnish as desired.

Source: Annie’s Eats

Printer-friendly version

2 comments:

  1. I was just looking for something quick, tasty, and simple to make for dinner tonight. Considering how outdoor temperatures are insanely low for Denver right now, I think I've found the perfect dish. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my all-time favorite soups. I usually cook a half-pound of ground sirloin with some finely diced onion before adding the beans, broth, etc.

    And I love your blog, by the way.

    ReplyDelete