Dec 23, 2010

Oreo Cheesecake Cookies

oreo cheesecake cookies 2

It was a really good thing that I made these cookies.  There was one (of many) holiday party at work that said it was optional to bring something.  Well, I refuse to show up empty handed – and since I am an obsessive baker, I will use any opportunity to try something from my ‘to-bake’ list.  It turns out I must be the only person that feels this way – because I was the only person to bring anything at all.  Luckily the pizza and wings were provided – but I saved the day with these cookies for dessert.  

I was skeptical of them though – since they had no egg, no baking soda or powder either.  But they came out perfectly – what was I thinking – you can’t go wrong with Oreos or cheesecake.  

oreo cheesecake cookies 1

O-R-E-O   C-H-E-E-S-E-C-A-K-E   C-O-O-K-I-E-S! 

oreo cheesecake cookies 3

Ingredients

  • 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
  • 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
  • 1 cup Oreo cookie sandwich crumbs (from about 8 Oreos)

Directions

1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.

2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter, cream cheese and salt on medium-low speed until smooth and creamy.

3. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating until the mixture is light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Beat in the vanilla, and then add the flour and mix on low just until combined. Mix in the chocolate chips.

4. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls. Drop the dough balls into a bowl of oreo cookie crumbs and roll to coat. Arrange the dough balls 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.

5. Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes, until the edges just start to brown and the tops are set. Cool for a minute or two on the sheets, then transfer the cookies to wire racks and cool completely.

Source: The Way the Cookie Crumbles

Printer-friendly version

1 comment:

  1. wow,oreo cookies that great cookies for my child.

    Thanks
    farida
    http://www.faridawinarni71.co.cc/2010/07/how-to-make-orange-cake-with-ginger.html

    ReplyDelete