Dec 31, 2009

Chili-rubbed Salmon


This is one of my go-to easy weeknight meals - especially if I don't have something else already planned.  I try to keep individual salmon portions stocked in the freezer.  Just make some rice an a veggie and you've got a complete meal.  This is quick, easy and so delicious.  I hardly consider it even a recipe, but it is something that I make almost weekly so I thought I would share it on my blog. 

Ingredients
  • 2 boneless skinless Salmon fillets
  • 1 tsp. chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
  • 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
  • 1 tsp. olive oil

Directions
1. Pre-heat oven broiler on low. 
2.  Line a baking sheet with foil.   Coat salmon fillets with olive oil. 
3.  Sprinkle each fillet with chili powder, salt and pepper.
4.  Place in broiler until the thickest part of the fish reaches 130 degrees, usually about 8 minutes.   (This is very important, since once salmon gets over-cooked it really gets chewy.  I use a Thermapen - it was revolutionized my cooking - I highly recommend it)



1 comment:

  1. this is one of my favorite meals that christine makes!
    The thermapen does ensure that it is cooked to perfection!
    Plus the spicy and delicious salmon is good.

    ReplyDelete