- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped fine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 10 curly-edged lasagna noodles, broken into 2-inch lengths
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until shimmering. Add onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
2. Drain tomatoes, reserving liquid. Add water to tomato liquid to make 2 cups. Add liquid and 1 tsp. salt to skillet.
3. Scatter noodles into skillet and layer tomatoes over noodles and bring to a simmer.
4. Reduce heat to medium and cook, covered, stirring occasionally (very important or the noodles will stick) for about 10 minutes.
5. Stir in zucchini and squash, cook until noodles and squash are tender, about 8 minutes.
6. Add basil and half of cheese to noodles, stirring until sauce is creamy. Dollop remaining cheese over the noodles and season with salt and pepper.
Source: America’s Test Kitchen 30-Minute Summers