(makes 2 pizzas the size above)
- 1/2 batch of pizza dough
- 1/2 batch of pizza sauce
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced thin
- 10-15 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half
- 8 marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- 4-6 slices of sopprasseta salami, sliced into strips
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, sliced in thin strips
- salt and pepper, to taste
If making on the grill – cook the dough on each side on a medium grill until cooked through, then assemble pizza ingredients and finish in the oven on a low broiler until cheese is bubbly and brown.
If making in the oven, assemble pizza and cook on a pizza stone in a preheated 500 degree oven for 10-14 minutes.
Source: inspired by Romeo and Juliet’s