This is a delicious way to use up some cranberries you might have stored in your freezer and don't know what to do with. The orange-cranberry combo is delicious. And this bread was super moist and delicious!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2/3 cup of buttermilk
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter - melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp. grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups of thawed frozen cranberries (or fresh), chopped
- 1/2 cup of chopped toasted walnuts or pecans
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8.5 by 4.5 inch loaf pan.
2. Whisk flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together in a large bowl.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk buttermilk, melted butter, orange juice, egg and orange zest.
4. Gently fold in the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture with the rubber spatula. Add in cranberries and nuts.
5. Bake until golden brown and toothpick in the center comes out with just a few crumbs - about 1 hour.
6. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes and then remove from pan onto cooling rack for 1 hour before serving.