This is my fool-proof soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe. I get requests at work often to bring in these cookies - they are that good. I never had any luck with the toll-house recipe on the bag mine always came out flat and crispy. I found this version few years ago - and with the addition of a secret ingredient that makes these fool-proof- they quickly became my favorite chocolate chip cookie. So much so -that I've never tried another version since!
- 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 (1.5 oz) package instant vanilla pudding (this is the secret ingredient!)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 (12 oz) package of chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional - but I always opt to use them!)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine butter, sugars and pudding mix over medium speed, until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating between each addition and add vanilla.
4. Add baking soda and salt and continue to mix on low speed.
5. Gradually add in flour and mix on low until all of the flour is moistened.
6. Fold in chips and nuts by hand.
7. Using a cookie scoop - place on parchment lined baking sheets.
8. Bake for 12 - 13 minutes. Let cool on pan for 2 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
makes approximately 46-50 cookies.
adapted from Recipezaar