Mar 8, 2011

Peanut butter Banana Chocolate chip Bread

peanut butter banana bread 5

Peanut butter, bananas and chocolate – go together so perfectly.  So its no surprise that a quick bread with these is going to be delicious.  The best part of this bread is that is is a complete meal to go.  Once slice of this and you are completely satisfied.  I usually eat breakfast once I get to work in the morning – but when I made this I found myself eating it while I was driving there in my car.  I just couldn’t wait. 

peanut butter banana bread 4

This is a great bread to make in advance and bring with you on a road trip or for a breakfast snack to enjoy all week long. 

peanut butter banana bread 3

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
  • 1/3 cup plain or vanilla fat free yogurt
  • 1/3 cup creamy all-natural peanut butter
  • 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan.  Set aside.

2. In a large bowl, whisk together flours, flaxseed meal, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.

3. In a medium bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, yogurt, peanut butter and melted butter.  Mix in eggs and sugars and vanilla.  Blend mixture until no sugar lumps remain.

4. Pour the wet mixture into the larger bowl with the dry ingredients.  Fold together with a spatula until no more flour bits remain.  Fold in the chocolate chips. 

5. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and cake for 60 to 75 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.

6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 20 minutes before removing from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.

Source: adapted from Joy the Baker

Printer-friendly version

2 comments:

  1. One of my new favorite combinations, peanut butter and banana. I just blogged about it in fact. I've gotta make this bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so great! I'm a huge fan of bananas and peanut butter..and chocolate always makes everything better, haha.

    ReplyDelete