I was talking with a co-worker the other day about working a full time job and having time to cook dinner every night. I told him that I have no issues with finding the time to cook a meal every day – I plan my menu each week and on days when I know we are going to be busy – I plan easy meals. And for a quick and easy meal – it does not get much simpler than these burgers. You can mix them up in minutes – and cook on a grill or grill pan – and dinner is ready in no time at all. I served these on some homemade burger buns (from my freezer) and for a really easy side – Alexia fries (love them!).
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 5 oz. frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- large pinch of Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
1. Combine turkey, feta, sun dried tomato, spinach and seasonings in a mixing bowl.
2. Form into 4-5 burger patties and set aside (or freeze if making in advance).
3. Pre-heat grill, grill pan or broiler. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through.
Source: Erin’s Food Files