Dec 6, 2010

Spinach, Feta & Sun-dried Tomato Turkey Burgers

spinach tom feta burgers 1

I was talking with a co-worker the other day about working a full time job and having time to cook dinner every night.  I told him that I have no issues with finding the time to cook a meal every day – I plan my menu each week and on days when I know we are going to be busy – I plan easy meals.  And for a quick and easy meal – it does not get much simpler than these burgers.   You can mix them up in minutes – and cook on a grill or grill pan – and dinner is ready in no time at all.   I served these on some homemade burger buns (from my freezer) and for a really easy side – Alexia fries (love them!). 

Ingredients

  • 1 lb. ground turkey
  • 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced
  • 5 oz. frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry and roughly chopped
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • large pinch of Kosher salt
  • fresh cracked pepper

Directions

1. Combine turkey, feta, sun dried tomato, spinach and seasonings in a mixing bowl.

2. Form into 4-5 burger patties and set aside (or freeze if making in advance).

3. Pre-heat grill, grill pan or broiler. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through.

Source: Erin’s Food Files

Printer-friendly version

2 comments:

  1. I'll admit. The planning ahead part probably saves a lot of time. And I rarely do that. This turkey burger sounds delicious! I definitely see myself making this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a good reminder that we need to grill out again soon---need to get my husband to face the wind and snow...these look worth it :)

    ps. i'm with you--people who say they don't have time to cook baffle me. it just takes a little planning and organization!

    ReplyDelete