Dec 24, 2010

La Cuisine Chocolate Cookies

la cuisine cookies 1

I made a double batch of the Oreo Cheesecake cookies – with the hopes that I would have enough for me to bring to work and for my husband to bring with him to a group he was working with.   Well, I may have made my cookies too big – since I didn’t get the amount I was hoping for.  Since I didn’t have enough cream cheese to make another batch – I went searching around to find another recipe to make very quickly.  The first recipe I found required a 2 hour chill – which I definitely did not have time for.  Then I found these – and I had all of the ingredients and they were super simple to mix up together. 

la cuisine cookies 3

la cuisine cookies 2

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
  • 12 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
  • 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups chopped toasted walnuts or pecans
  • 3 tsp. vanilla extract

Directions

1. Over a double boiler in a heatproof bowl melt together butter, chocolate chips, and sweetened condensed milk.

2. Remove from heat and stir in flour, nuts and vanilla.

3. Drop tablespoon’s of dough onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes until the tops are crackly.

Source: adapted from The Sweets Life and Eat Well. Love Life.

Printer-friendly version

No comments:

Post a Comment