Dec 27, 2010

Rocky Road Fudge

rocky road fudge 1

I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and Santa brought you everything you wished for this year.  I made this fudge for yet another holiday party last week – and I was tired of baking cookies – so I wanted something quick, easy and delicious.  Well, I found it in this fudge – it doesn’t get much simpler than melting chocolate, butter and sweetened condensed milk in the microwave and then mixing in nuts, marshmallows and more chocolate chips. 

rocky road fudge 2

Santa really enjoyed his plate – and so did I!  Winking smile 

rocky road fudge 3

Ingredients

  • 1 bag (12 oz.) bittersweet chocolate chips
  • 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
  • pinch salt
  • 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts, pecans or peanuts
  • 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions

1. Combine the bittersweet chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, butter and salt in a glass bowl and melt in the microwave, stirring at 30 second intervals.

2. Once chocolate mixture is completely melted, immediately stir in marshmallows, nuts and additional chips.

3. Pour mixture into a greased 8 x 8 dish and press down to spread out evenly.

4. Cover and refrigerate at least one to two hours, until completely firm.

5. Cut fudge into squares and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.

Source: adapted from The Sweets Life

Printer-friendly version

2 comments:

  1. I love rocky road slice. Yours looks very delicious, I love that you used condensed milk. Thanks very much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, isn't this to die for?!?!?!?! i need to make some more :)

    ReplyDelete