There are not many things better than fresh pico de gallo to beat the winter blues. Even with sub-par tomatoes since they are not in season right now - this is still delicious. It is great to eat with tortilla chips or on fajitas. But I served this on top of black bean burgers (recipe coming tomorrow!) - it was perfect!
- 5-7 plum tomatoes, seeded, cored and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, ribs and seeds removed and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- the juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- a handful of fresh cilantro, chopped (approximately 4 tbsp. but I don't measure this)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
1. Chop tomatoes, onion, pepper, garlic and cilantro.
2. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and allow flavors to meld for approximately 30 minutes (or overnight) before serving.