I wasn’t joking in my last post – after I am done with my strawberry posts you are going to think we’ve turned red – I’ve made that many different recipes already. We enjoyed these as a pre-dinner appetizer and they were fulfilling and refreshing. Reminded me a little of the salmon with strawberry salsa I made last year (of course without the salmon). They are a great easy appetizer that would be fun to serve at an outdoor summer party! Enjoy!
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and diced
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 French baguette, sliced on a bias
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine the strawberries and sugar in a small bowl; toss to combine. Let the berries macerate for about 30 minutes so that they begin to release their juices.
2. Spread a thin layer of goat cheese on top of each baguette slice. Top each slice with the strawberry mixture.
3. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Top each slice with the basil leaves and cracked pepper, to taste.
Source: Annie’s Eats